- Ability to change the preview panel position (the View | Preview Position
- Slide show and batch rename features.
- Ability to rotate images in the full screen mode.
- Now the programs starts to read the thumbnails from the top item of the File List. I.e. if you scroll the File List PicViewer will read
the top image immediately.
- This version allows you to drag&drop files and folders from Windows Explorer (or other programs) to the View Panel.
- If you change (by some other program) a file whose thumbnail is shown in the File List, PicViewer will refresh the thumbnail.
- Settings for the slide show fonts.
- Now the program's slide show subsystem uses DirectShow (a part of DirectX) for playing media files instead of MCI (Media Control Interface).
- Now you can select several images and print them at a time. PicViewer
will use the current settings (see the Print dialog).
- Ability to print multi-page images at a time (ex: multi-page TIFF files).
- PaintPhop Pro (.psp) images support, requires ExModule
multilayer and vector files).
- History buttons navigation subsystem.
- The program didn't start up with the "Show all supported files" flag
(Default filter) if the "Use last filter next time" option was unchecked.
As result it ignored file types supported by plug-ins and showed image
- Plug-ins: PicViewer can be extended by external viewers.
The following viewers are available for download from our website: HTML
Viewer shows .html, .htm and .txt files. MultiMedia Viewer uses MS Windows
Media Player and plays different audio and video files inside PicViewer's
view panel: .mp3, .m3u, .avi, .wav, .asf, .asx, .wm, .wma, .wax, .wmv, .wvx,
.mpeg, .mpg, mpe, m1v, .mp2, .mpv2, .mp2v, .mpa, .mid, .midi, .rmi, .ivf,
.aif, .aifc, .aiff, .au, .snd, .mov, .qt.
- Now the program displays the thumbnails which are supported
by the latest versions of Windows and Internet Explorer. For example
PicViewer will display thumbnails for .html, .doc, .xls, .ppt files.
- The small file type icon is now displayed in the status
- An option to show the small file type icons over the
- An ability to rename a group of selected files according to
a numbered series (File/Rename Group...).
- Some transparent GIF files were shown incorrectly. Now the
program displays them as Internet Explorer.
- A thumbnail printing feature in addition to the Print
dialog. Just select several thumbnails in the file list panel and choose the
File/Print Thumbnails... menu item.
- More convenient edit lines in the Print dialog.
- PicViewer didn't scroll animated GIFs.
- "External exception ..." when you reduced the
view panel to very small sizes for some images.
- The program printed the headers and footers with current
time as 00:00.
- Now the program supports PCD, FlashPix(FPX), PBM/PGM/PPM
and SunRaster files. It requires installation an additional module from our
web site (see the Download section).
- In some cases drag&drop operations with the folder tree
caused " access violation" errors.
- The Suffix edit line to the Convert dialog for converting
- Under Windows 2000 the file list showed folders even if the
"Show folders in File Browser" was disabled.
- The Properties toolbar button and menu item didn't work
under Windows 2000.
- Click on the toolbar Delete button caused an "access
violation" error if none of the files was selected.
- Some other minor fixes.
- In the Fullscreen mode you can select the previous/next
item in the current folder by Arrow Up/Arrow Down or the mouse wheel (like
in the SlideShow mode).
- SlideShows and SlideShow Editor. Added Description and
- Ctrl+< and Ctrl+> shortcuts for Rotate Left/Rotate
- The Create Folder item in the Manage toolbar menu now calls
the Create Folder dialog instead of creating a "New Folder" folder
in the current path.
- Ability to set the Sort Arrow for the file list in the
- Conversion of big images into black&white image
- The program didn't show GIF thumbnails in 32-bit color
- Some issues in the tree view behavior when viewing network
folders on NT computers.
- Thumbnails caching. Now PicViewer places thumbnails in its
cache as JPEGs.
- Now the mouse wheel scrolls the control (the folder tree or
file list) under the mouse cursor.
- Dithering for HiColor video modes.
- PicViewer ran external programs with long file names (like
"c:\program files\images\1.jpg") without quotes.
- Some other minor fixes.
- Reading of some image files (JPEG/CMYK, TIFF, ...).
- Reading of big-sized images.
- New image converter.
- New Edit menu with Rotate and Mirror functions.
- In some cases the program caused an error when you renamed
- Help file.
- PSD files support.
- Some minor changes.
- The program printed an empty page for some images (the
problem is connected with some 16-bit(HiColor) video drivers).
- Mouse wheel support for the folder tree and the file list.
- Reverse order item to the file list Arrange menu.
- Now can play associated sound files during a slide show.
- Some changes in the SlideShow editor.
- An ability to reverse Hand Cursor action.
- Sometimes thumbnails were displayed incorrectly if the file
list contained too much images.
- View Panel Position menu allows you to select one of two
program main screen configurations.
- Now the program has a thumbnail caching option. Generated
thumbnails are stored by PicViewer and are used next time. It can give great
increasing of performance (especially for large images).
- New command-line parameters for printing.
- Several bugs in the thumbnail reader engine.
- PicViewer printed the Header and Footer parameters text
even if the checkboxes in the Print dialog were disabled.
- A new command-line flag /p:"file_name_path"
- Minor changes in the thumbnail reader engine. PicViewer
automatically updates a thumbnail of the file that was changed from another
- Improved reading of some TIFF and GIF images.
- Now the program saves vertical sizes of the folder tree and
the view panel.